Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mumumumuma and Other Milestones

The little one is talking. Not really talking but well on her way according to my lovely friend who has a masters in linguistics! On Sunday we were playing at Grandpa Wolfs house and we were reading a book about the alphabet and I kept saying "Book" and 4 times Iz said "bu ka". I looked at my dad and said, "Did you hear what I hear?!?" With eyes as big as saucers he said "YES!".

On the way home I called Todd, who was in the middle of his fantasy football draft and told him. She hasn't said it since even though I try about 10 times a day!

However to much anticipated relief after months of "da da da da" last night on our ride home from day care a chorus of "mu mu mu mu ma" came from the backseat. I just about pulled over to give her a hug! Then when we got home she kept saying it. I, of course, very graciously said to Todd, "Do you hear the new word our daughter is saying??" He just smiles and nods appeasing me and my eagerness for this little one to call me by name!

Words are not the only new thing in our household, but crawling has quickly become just a means to move in between object on which she can pull herself up on to a standing position. Last night a stay half full diet coke can was tumbled from the coffee table. Needless to say I have a feeling that our house be a lot more picked up with the newly mobile Iz.

No comments: