Monday, August 3, 2009

To sew or not to sew


Is it better to sew ones own curtains or to buy them? I have been in constant search for curtains for Isabelle's room for quite some time. I would love to get these ones from pottery barn kids but they are a little out of the budget but they are everything I want! Or do I wait until I have time to go to jo ann fabrics to get some fabric i like and then buy the black out material and make them myself? hmmmm, I think I'll wait until my resolution has weakened in October and buy them then...

2 comments:

erin said...

I say just buy them. Save yourself the headache and heartache.

the fam said...

I am in the midst of trying to find fabric for eight panels for our bedroom windows that are 120" long. I can neither find fabric at a fabric store (no fabric store has enough of the same fabric, even if I make the bottom panel some coordinating fabric) nor find curtains I can afford that are that long. AND I have just spent numerous hours and tears making a window seat cushion cover that is also oversized and not parrallel in its measurement because old houses are not square. After making 48 feet of piping, 48 feet of side panel with a velcro opening and getting it all sewn together along with the 8 foot x 32 OR 34 inch top and bottom panels, it did not match up (as I feared would happen when all was said and done). I am for saving yourself the agony and buying them. If you give me the name of the curtain and color you want and the window size(s), I will check and see if they have it at the pottery barn outlet in our neck of the woods.