Monday, November 2, 2009

To real scrap book or Fake it

Last year at Christmas I make scrapbooks for my grandparent of Isabelle's 9 months. I am still in the process of the one for Todd's grandpa. I just ordered $50 worth of scrap booking stuff, because I have grand aspirations.
I am now realizing that I will have to scrap book every night from now until Christmas if I want this grand dream of scrap booking the last year of Isabelle's life to happen (3 times over).
I was on snap fish tonight and I was looking at the photos books. I could create 1, print it 3 times over and then be done!
So do I make it or fake it?
I was thinking fake it, but now I'm thinking the grandparents that received the real ones last year will know I faked it.... I think this deserved more thought.

2 comments:

the fam said...

Sean and Beth have made photo books the last three years. As a nonna, I love them. You are right about it being a process that is easily duplicated. It is also cost efficient compared to scrapbooking, especially if you are making more than one. (and grandparents surely don't want lots of money being spent on thier gifts... It adds up fast, that scrapbooking... ) You could even create real scrapbook pages for a photo album for Izzy and scan those (if the format is the same) and use those as the pages of the photo books. That solves two problems at once.

young and married said...

I say kake it! You can always spruce up the cover with your own scrap-booking materials, or include a hand-written card. Plus, you can use the extra time for more cuddling!