Thursday, July 16, 2009

The first swear word

For the record: Isabelle Anne uttered her first swear word on July 12th at 6:30 PM. It was B*&% S#$%. and she copied it from her father. Truth be told he was telling a story about my father and quoting my father when he said it. I was holding my innocent little Isabelle in my arms and she just parroted back the words that he said with enthusiasm. It was really hard not to laugh, but i stopped looked at Todd, smiled and then told Iz that that was a naughty words and that dad was being naughty. She said "Naughty daddy". And that was the end of it and we haven't heard it again.
I'm not too worried she didn't really know what she was saying. he could have said Bright Ships and she would has repeated it. However with my sailor like mouth I'm glad that it was Todd that she parroted and not me! Phew!

2 comments:

erin said...

Hahhaaahaha!
I just read this outloud to my mom. She's impressed that it was two syllables!
Good reaction, parents! :)

Scholar and Sailor said...

Well, at least she can use it in a card game :)