Sunday, August 29, 2010

The rellies are coming, the rellies are coming


Also know as - my house is a disaster from construction, we have had a slam packed weekend of fun, I have too much to do and I keep sitting down to knit, check blogs, e-mail,Facebook and any one thing to keep me from actually starting on cleaning my house.

This is partly because on Tuesday we will be getting a 3rd patio door put in the house. So I know it is only going to get worse before it gets better.


Today all of the hard work has paid off however, I was visiting with one of our dear neighbors at our church fall festival and she shared that she always thought it was so unfortunate that our house looked so sad from the outside. She also said she had to keep reminding herself that Todd and I are a young couple, and she was once there as well. Now she drives by and smiles. She was not the only one with complements, its amazing living in a small community how everyone keeps tabs on each other. I love it!

We will all soon be keeping closer tabs on another loved one. After a long haul, my grandmother is moving from more than 4 hours away to the town where my parents live, just 30 minutes away from us. She has maculardegeneration and has lived with in 10 miles of where she was born 83 years ago. This transition has taken it's toll on everyone.

It's amazing that even when a family does not bicker or fight how emotionally draining it is to begin caring for your parents as they once cared for you. So knowing that an incredibly challenging time in our summer is soon coming to an end, I need to pull up my big girl knickers, get some sleep and begin the cleansing of home, heart and mind, to stop avoiding and get things done.

Maybe the guests will just look out all of our new windows and enjoy the view instead of looking at my dirty house!


On a side note I was listening to Beyonce "if you like it, then you should have put a ring on it" when Isabelle was done with her bath and doing her usual run around naked time. She stopped, put her hands on her hips and popped one hip out, then started shaking her little butt. It was adorable. Turns out all the girl needs is a beat to start bustin' a move. I'm pretty sure that I was much more of a trouble maker than I remember to deserve a child so spirited as her, not that i would change it even if I could.

No comments: