Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Setting a good example... sailor mouth

As of late I have realized how much I sound like a sailor, in other words, I have a potty mouth. Which hasn't been a big deal until now hen Isabelle repeats every little thing. I have been working on cleaning up my act.

One of the other things I like to do frequently is make my bed. Even if I don't make it in the morning I like to make the bed before I get into bed at night. Weird, I know, but there is something about straight sheets. In fact my favorite thing is crawling into bed with fresh line dried sheets,but I digress.

This morning, while ironed my shirt for work, I said "Izzy what are you doing?" because I couldn't' see or hear her.
"I'm making my bed!" she replied. My heart swelled with love! She needed a little help but did most of it by herself. I think it's the best made bed I've ever seen. She also removed the pillow case from her pillow last night, not sure what that is about, but her bed is made!

Moral of this tale: My sailor mouth and my cleaning neuroses cancel each other out.

1 comment:

erin said...

They cancel each other out... LOL!
I have a potty mouth, too. There is nothing quite so humbling as hearing your two-year-old saying a swear word... :(