Monday, January 5, 2009

And We're Back!

We arrived back from our whirl wind trip on Saturday afternoon. It was amazing and wonderful. I think all of our bones thawed out while we were in Colorado because the weather was like late spring here in Wisconsin. 55 degrees, sunny and wonderful!

The 15 hour drive was not too bad. Those of us in the back seats napped a lot which was nice. We swam and played cards and just generally enjoyed every ones company. Our travel companions included my college roommate Marci and her husband Tim. They came out with us to visit Tim's brother in Fort Collin's Colorado for a couple days. Here are few quick photos- Sorry they are blurry, they are from my phone.



This is Isabelle Fighting taking a nap! She was so good on this trip!




Here we are at Cabela's in Omaha taking a crawling break. It was so nice for Isabelle to get out and stretch her legs. And for Marci and I as well... we might have done a little shopping. I think the boys were surprised that we found something at Cabela's. It also proves that Marci and I could find something to buy anywhere!

This last photo is of Isabelle on part of a sculpture in Fort Collins. The other part of the sculpture is a bear but when we tried to sit Isabelle underneath the bear she was not having it. Apparently bears are not her thing. We spent New Years eve day there just bumming around town. We also got a private tour of the New Belgium Brewery thanks to Tim's high school friend, Tyler, who works there.

Other Major events include Isabelle learning to walk proficiently, adding many new animal sounds to her vocabulary and she turned 1. I cannot believe it's been a year. (more on that later)

All told it was a great trip and we would definitely do it again.

1 comment:

erin said...

A YEAR!!!??? Oh my goodness, Jess! Pictures! Pictures!
And she's walking...I can't even believe it. Oh, how I love her.
When I saw her in Jessica's photos, my heart leapt! : )