Thursday, October 30, 2008

little Indian call & High 5

So last night I was working on a quilting project on the couch and Todd was checking some thing on the Internet and Isabelle, perfect child that she is, was playing on the floor. All of a sudden I hear her making a different noise. Nothing alarming just funny- I looked down and there she was doing an "Indian call". I know that is probably terribly not PC- but it's the thing when you say "AHHHHHHHH" and you tap your mouth with your hand to change the sound. ( I know you are all doing this as you read this too.)
In truth Isabelle and I had been doing this where I would show her what to do and then she would say "aHHHHHH" and I would tap her mouth with my hand but last night there she is doing it all by herself! It was hilarious and wonderful.
Also in the realm of useful things that we have been teaching Isabelle last week she learned "High 5". I'm hoping the next thing she will get is how to Ollie on a skate board. I think it's important to teach her these basic life skills early. Talk about coping mechanisms, she is off to a great start.

4 comments:

erin said...

Oh my gosh!!! Talk about two big milestones! SJ loves it when we make the little indian noise, too. She hasn't figured it out for herself yet, though!
Does Izzy wave? We're working on that right now, too.

erin said...

Hey, somebody tell Kathleen G. to invite me to her blog!!!

erin said...

OK, nevermind--I found it.
Now, somebody tell me when Kathleen G. is gonna have a baby (that isn't a cat). :)

Jessica said...

Isabelle Does wave, like a mad woman but only when she wants to. She also kisses and is a dancing fool. It's so much fun to watch all the little things they do!