Monday, November 24, 2008

Crafty Idea




I thought this was a wonderful idea- It's a little Christmas tree made of out of felted sweaters.

I found this at The Long Thread, which is a wonderful craft blog that I have been reading recently. She has wonderful ideas for home made gifts and toys. This is my favorite so far, probably because it's easy. She gives full directions at The Long Thread. The only thing she didn't specify is how to "Felt" a sweater but as far as I can tell from about 3 seconds research just wash a 100% wood sweater (or as close to 100% as possible) and wash with minimal soap in hot with a cold rinse. Then dry in the dryer on high until dry. These would make WONDERFUL gifts. I think that miss Isabelle and I will be going to Good Will This weekend in search of sweaters.

No comments: