Monday, November 24, 2008

I have a confession to make...

I'm a scrap booker. Ever since Isabelle has been born Todd has been taking on new project and hobbies. I take that back. For the past few years Todd has been taking on new hobbies and projects which is GREAT! I love that he has found things that he enjoys, mostly because they benefit everyone in the family. Especially the beer making. However once Isabelle became more independent (thank the lord) I have been missing that one thing from my life. I wasn't sure what was wrong or what I needed. Then one day like a ton of bricks it hit me. I had given up all of my hobbies and things I enjoyed when Isabelle was born.
I shouldn't say gave up- I mean "put on hold" and I don't think I was ready to start any new big projects at that time. For Christmas this year I decided to make some homemade gifts including the scrap books for the great grands. Last night I completed 2 pages in each book I was up until 10:30. OK I know that isn't late but with a baby it is. It seems like forever since I stayed up working on something other than laundry or cleaning the house. It was wonderful. So 2 pages in each of the three books are done. And when Isabelle wasn't sleeping at 4 AM I was almost tempted to get up and go do some more!
So there it is, I'm a scrap booker. Who knows I'll probably become a stamper as well but if it gives me the relief from daily life that I need to clear my head. I'm there!

No comments: