Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The "If I only had money" Christmas

A friend and I were talking today and we came up with a great idea. Two things you must know first:
1) We decided not to get each other gifts for Christmas. I love these friends but in all reality I don't need anything and I don't need them to spend their money on me when really all we would like it so spend time together. So that is what we will be doing.

2) This friend and I were also discussing the irresponsible people who can't afford the stuff they buy. (LIKE BUYING HOMES AND THEN JUST WALKING AWAY WITH NO REPERCUSSIONS OTHER THAN LAYING THEIR DEBT BURDEN ON THE TAXPAYERS. That topic, however, is for another time.) But for these people, including ourselves, we thought we should give people pictures of gifts that if we had all the money in the world we would give to our friends and family... the card would say something like that

"Merry Christmas! I have made a donation in your name to the (insert your name here) Visa Fund"
Or

"This year for you I paid my Mortgage so I wouldn't have to move into your house"
Here are also some fun pictures of gifts I would give.

I would give my mom a maid service.

I would give my brother a chance to drive around the Daytona Race Track.
I would buy my father a new ride.


I would give a friend a trip to Europe.

I would send flowers to all grandmas once a week. With a note that told them how much we love them.

But more than anything I would give my time. Time to make memories, to remember, to appreciate, to learn something new.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HA! If someone wants to market those ideas, I better get half the money! Also, remind me to make you watch the "Human Fund" episode of Seinfeld...actually, the episode is titled "The Festivus." Also, I will call you about the Aunt Gwen story later!

erin said...

I really like this post. I'm going to think about what I WOULD give people. Mind if I copy your idea?

Jessica said...

Erin of course you can copy the idea! I can't wait to see what you would give people.