Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Many adventures!

We are back home safe and sound. We got home on Friday night after a flight which convinced Todd and I both that we didn't need to fly anywhere again with Isabelle any time soon! She fussed and fussed the whole way home. She's been sick and didn't sleep well on the trip and didn't nap much and is getting teeth and a million other things that were bothering her all came to a head. But I say THANK YOU to everyone on the plan for not giving us dirty looks! Also One little girl on the plane, while waiting in line for the bathroom, looked at me and said "I can hear your baby all the way up in my seat!" I said I know she isn't very happy right now. However for some reason Isabelle found the fact that there was another child on board the plane fascinating a was quite for 5 minutes while looking at the little girl. (Is it bad that I wanted to ask her mom if she could sit with us the rest of the way home??) And now we're home. The picture above is Isabelle playing in the pool. We were at the pool for at least an hour every day! She loved it, and so did I! Also when we got home we found out that Isabelle has a mild case of pneumonia. They have given us a nebulizer and antibiotics and she is doing much better. Not sleeping though the night yet but we will get there!


Upon returning home we immediately began working on the bedroom and bathroom again. I will put pictures up tomorrow. But we made a million times the progress that I couldn't believe! Todd got the tub surround tiled and grouted. We got the bathroom, hallway and bedroom painted. We have picked out trim, we laid the flooring in the bathroom. Today Todd will install the toilet and hopefully begin removing a hundred years of paint, varnish and wax that is on the wood floors in the bedroom. Also last night we pained our stairwell and stairs. We got all of this done with the help of my brother and sister in law.

Here is our little darling climbing down stairs for the first time. She has always gone up the stairs by her self but now for the first time she attempted going down and did quite well!




Who are those strange sausages with your child you ask? Well This was a surprise on our trip. For those of you not from the great state of Wisconsin (that only rivals Germany in it's appreciation for sausage and beer) there is a little tradition at the Milwaukee Brewers baseball games. Halfway through the 6th inning there is a sausage race. Since Andrea, my soon to be sister in law, has been working for the Brewers it has been her dream to be in a sausage race. They surprised us in the 5th inning and told us we were all going to be sausages. I told her she was dead to me, but loved every minute. Seriously how often does one person get to be a Hot Dog and sign autographs as such. So here we are the four of us after the race, of course Isabelle slept thought it. I'm #4 Hot Dog, Andrea is #2 Polish, Todd is #5 Churizo and Terry is #1 Bratwurst. We all lost to the Italian who one of Andrea's co workers. He however had a few races under his belt so he had a clear advantage. I lost big time! But it was a BLAST!
And finally some other pictures from the trip:


I found this sign amusing.

Just hanging out!


Here I am with the Hot Dog. You can see the hole above the #4 is where you face is so it's quite tall and cumbersome, ridiculous to run in. Especially with stumps for legs like mine!


This is us having Gelato at a place called the "Gelato Spot". It was where Nirvana is found. I'm not lying. If there is one near you at any time stop for me and have just a sample of the mango, and the cheese cake and the chocolate, and the vanilla and the bubble gum. OK it's free to sample so taste everyone! Then get a double scoop of mango and vanilla.


Here is a the best picture of us as a family since Isabelle has been born!


This is also one of my favorite pictures from the week. As you can tell we had no fun at all. I'll post pictures of the renovations soon!

3 comments:

erin said...

I LOVE the last two photos! I'm glad you guys had a good time, and I'm glad Isabelle is feeling better!

erin said...

Hey, I just re-read this.
Will you please promise me that the photo of Izzy with the weiners will show up at every major life event for her after the age of 13?Promise?

Jessica said...

I promise! She clearly needs to be reminded at every oportunity that she missed seeing her parents at their finest!