Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Beginning

OK lets just put it all out there- I'm not a fantastic writer or great at spelling but I thought it would be fun for family and friends to read about our trials and tribulations of remodeling our house.

Here is the Back Story. My husband grew up just 1/3 mile away from where we live now and this house has been in and out of his family since it was built (that date still unknown). In 1999 Todd bought the house on auction. It was perfect for a bachelor because at that time the house was split into 2 apartments. Todd could then live on the main level and then rent out the upstairs.

Then we met and fell in love! We got married and I moved in just 4 short years ago. Since then we have opened up the house so that there are no more renters just us and have painted and made things quite comfortable for ourselves. All the while knowing that we would someday begin to remodel out house.

Really scared at the thought of remodeling, it was just a topic of discussion every now and again. When ever I had an idea that started with "When we remodel the house we should..." I always heard the response "You are putting the cart in front of the horse." Which I was but its way more fun to think about paint colors and furniture than tearing out lath and plaster.

So here we are 1 day into the remodel. I hope that you enjoy the ride with us. I promise to put up many pictures and interesting storied along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to LOVE this blog. I'm blown away by all the progress Todd has made in less than a week. Thanks for including oodles of photos with great anecdotes and descriptions. You're doing great!! Love you!