Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some Demolition



My wonderful husband took this week off to begin the renovation on our home. He will call periodically to let me know how the progress is going or is he has a great idea. However every time he calls he say "I'm not getting that much done." Then I come home and I'm astonished at his progress! Here are some pictures from the first day of demo. The first two pictures are of the walls after the dry wall was down but the plaster was still up.


Surprisingly enough the colors were a really dulled
down color of what used to be on the walls. There must me something about that room that called for green and blue. The first day that Todd started he helped out on the farm for a while and then went inside to work. His curious father came in to check out the progress and is quoted as saying "you have a really big project here".

Here is the same wall as in the first picture but this is what it looked like when I got home! you can see some of the insulation and lath. The white behind the lath and insulation is another layer of plaster that we can only think would be there as a wind break because this is the west wall of our house.






This is the north and east wall in the bedroom. the wall with only partial lath is a wall that is shared with the bathroom.






This is looking from the bedroom into the bathroom. The dots are not a ghost of renovation or spots on my camera but the flash reflecting off of all the dust in the air. Todd first trip the next morning was to the hardware store to get a ventilator!


No comments: