Friday, August 15, 2008

Flooring...


Today Todd ripped out the flooring in the bathroom. In the picture above you can see the linoleum and part of the carpet that was in the bathroom and bedroom. This flooring has been the bane of my existence! Even when I was painting the bathroom I spilled paint on it hoping to get new flooring, that was 4 year ago. Finally new flooring is all I can think about. Below you can see the pine flooring that is in the "hallway" are between the bedroom and bathroom that had carpet over it. I'm hoping that we will be able to refinish these floors.
The picture below here is what was under the first layer of linoleum... More nasty linoleum. And guess what was under the layer of flooring above.. MORE LINOLEUM! This last layer was the worst yet. I'm not sure who would have put something like this in. It's a mix of flowers, plaid and squares... yuck!
Finally more of the pine flooring. Apparently the people who owned this house liked their flooring just as much as they liked their wall paper! I just hope that it isn't this way in the kitchen, but it probably is. Oh well just part of our adventure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Linoleum! It never ends! Good to see you guys on Saturday. We couldn't stop talking about the home brew...it was delicious! I have your bottle opener and will deliver it when I see you next. Had fun at the game on Sunday, Barry got to run the bases after the game! I'll let you know about this weekend later in the week, on top of all the other plans, now Jason may be coming in to town for an interview on Friday! I'll keep you posted, you keep up the posting!!