Monday, June 8, 2009

The Moral of the Story

On Friday night while playing in the living room Isabelle looked at Todd and I and said, "Pee Pee?" I said "Do you have to go pee pee?" Enthusiastically she said "YEAH". So I picked her up and we ran to the bathroom while ripping off the pants and diaper. Then the little one went pee in the potty! I couldn't believe it! I was so excited! We did the Pee Pee in the potty dance and then we cleaned everything up. However we did not put the diaper back on because that is what helped my niece get potty trained. So I went to call every grandparent and tell them what had happened.

I had just exclaimed the good news to my mom when Todd called for me to go back to the bathroom with a, "Jess we have a problem" tone. So I promised to call back and hung up as I walked in the bathroom to see a turd on the floor and Todd holding Isabelle with her one foot extended... She has stepped in it as well as left it for us. SO I clean that up call my mom back and tell her the new addition to the pee pee story , mean while Isabelle and Todd were in the living room or so I thought. After about 3 minutes of talking to my mom I got another "Jess come here" from Todd in the bathroom.

I hung up the phone with mom and this time there was 3 cups of water on the bathroom floor. We had no idea where it came from until Todd saw the potty dismantled. We believe that she was dipping the bowl from the potty into the toilet because she saw me empty the potty in there.

The moral of the story is when you child goes potty for the first time, put the diaper back on, remove them from the bathroom and close the door behind you before you proclaim to the world that you have the smartest 17 month old ever!

Since Friday night we have made it to the potty 2 more times. We are starting slowly but at least we are starting!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Isabelle is so advanced, she'll be going to Artsy High School soon :)

Jessica said...

By Artsy, I meant a magnet school that focued on the arts.

Unknown said...

Either way, she is getting so big and grown up!

erin said...

I love her!!! This gives me SUCH hope, Jess.
p.s. I agree, she is too smart to be alone in the bathroom. Sounds like trouble to me. :)