Monday, December 15, 2008

10 days and counting.

So there are only 10 days left until Christmas. Here is a list of things that need to get done
1) Finishing Christmas gifts (SCRAPBOOKS Specifically)
2) Wrap Christmas gifts
3) PUT UP CHRISTMAS TREE
4) Clean house
5) Pack for Colorado trip

A few of these deserve and explanation.

1- Finish gifts- SCRAP BOOKS- I finished 1 book last night and have the photos laid out for the other two books. The worst part is even after these books are wrapped the work won't be done because I will only have pages up though early fall done. The idea was to do a page for each month of Isabelle's life thus far. However I realized that I won't have Christmas ones in there, and I don't have Halloween or thanksgiving pictures printed yet. So I decided that I will mail each great grand those three pages when I finish them. However you will find below pictures of some of the scrap booking:

This is where I scrap book- Our house at one time was split into a duplex with an upper and lower unit. This is the old upstairs kitchen. It was at one time a catch all and now Todd and I have made it project central. However as you can tell by the B-E-A-UTIFUL gold "marbling" on the wall board it has not been redone yet. So please excuse the ugliness of it. I promise you can be creative in an ugly environment! I also now realize that I need a bulletin board above where I work so that I can put little bits of inspiration up there.
This is the first page for all of the books. Because I'm making 3 I thought it was OK to do the same things on some of the pages.
This is one of my favorite pages. I was able to borrow a lot of punches from a wonderful friend and I hadn't really used them until last night when I came up with this little creation! I know the pictures are not that good- the lettering says, "little swimmer"

2) Wrap Gifts- Self Explanatory

3) We have not had time to put of the Christmas tree yet. We decided last night that we would only put up a small tree. We usually have 3 Christmas trees in our house, this year with Iz being into EVERYTHING we decided to opt out of the big tree although she has done very well with all trees at other more organized peoples houses.

4)I feel the need to have a clean house around the holidays because we always bring so much stuff back from where ever we visit if it's not clean it just adds to a mess that I don't want to deal with until next year.

5) We are leaving for a 7 day road trip to Colorado for a very special friends wedding on December 28th. I'm excited and cannot wait for Jessica and Justin to get married however I have to pack for three people for 7 days and on top of that we are driving out (Hence road trip) which is a 14 hour drive according to google maps. SO I need to start packing NOW!


To top it all off the joy of the season is also in visiting and catching up with people so every night this week and pretty much until the day that we leave for CO we will be running somewhere. I just keep telling myself I can relax on the drive out to CO. I can relax on the drive out to CO.

Also as a side note- I love this time of year all the hustle and bustle. It's my favorite so please don't mistake this post as complaints, they are not, merely observations into my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.