Friday, December 5, 2008

She doesn't want me.

Isabelle has started a new trick this week. We have found that if I leave that room between 8 and 9pm she will wind down from her day and fall asleep by 8:30 PM. Which is wonderful for Todd and I. That is a whole hour and half to get things done around the house, spend time together, or just snuggle on our couch. This is all great and wonderful until I really thought about it. It's wonderful that she wants to stay up and be with her mom but am I doing something wrong that she doesn't want to go to sleep with me around.
When I say she doesn't want me around I mean I can't even be on the same level of the house. If she knows I'm even in the next room all she does is cry for me and then wants to play if I come to take her from Todd because I can't handle the crying. And just for clarification I'm a wimp when it comes to Isabelle crying. I mean a real wimp. All she has to do is shed one little tear and I'm giving her candy and soda and what ever she wants that will make her happy. OK no candy and soda because she is 11 months but you know what I mean.
So now I have had a week of no bed time snuggles, no sweet soft giggles as we read books before bed and no weight of a sleeping child in my arms. I was not prepared for this. How does a child go to sleep with out her mom? I know that it is a phase and she has only wanted me for the past 2 months so I need to understand it's all a part of her growing up but as my husband often says, "Isabelle you are getting TOO BIG! Stop growing right now!"

1 comment:

erin said...

Ohhhhh, Jess, I know where you're coming from. Hang in there.