Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shoveling




When ever it snows it is my duty to shovel the sidewalk in front of my office. This is a chore that I never knew I could love so much. I get to work before our little town has woken up for the day, there are a few cars that pass and sometimes one with a friendly face. I love the quiet cold, the sound the shovel makes while scraping the sidewalk and the soft thud of a shovel full of snow landing in its designated place. What a great way to start the day just me and the electric blue snow shovel.


At home we for some reason didn't have a shovel so yesterday on his day off Todd bought a new shovel for our house. We don't have alot to shovel but I look forward to a snowy satruday morning when I can go out and just clear a path for any surprise visitors or just to be used by us as we unload the car for child and groceries.


Shoveling is a place of peace and quiet where I can clear my mind.

No comments: